Saturday, August 3, 2013

the challenge...

The challenge being--create something EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. for an entire year.

That's not precisely accurate, I suppose. I am actually challenging myself to finish a creation every single day, but not actually start and finish. Yes, most days will likely see me making some tiny project accomplished in just a single day. But I want to make sure I leave time for the larger projects I'm working on as well--so any time I finish one of these projects I can count that as my project for that day.

I know darn well that everything I create will not be awesome. But that's not the point. The point is to play and have fun and maybe learn something along the way.

*I hope there will be cardstock and paint and yarn and clay and photos and twine and wood and rocks and crayons and fabric and junk mail and cardboard and dozens of other materials in my future.

*I hope I will find inspiration in a multitude of new places.

*I hope the good days will be motivation enough to get me through the harder days, those inevitable days when I just have no creative mojo to draw on.

*I hope that by the end of the year, I can point to a handful of projects that I'm really proud of.

*I hope this challenge leads not only to added joy in my life, but growth as a creative soul as well.

The adventure begins tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Debi, you already have three days of things to be INCREDIBLY proud of!! This, I have to admit, is my favorite project that you've ever done :) And I'm so looking forward to following your progress. Love love love this!!!

    ReplyDelete